- All decisions made by the tournament judges are final.
- Any software or hardware that alters the Android or iOS operating systems in a way that can be advantageous to TEPPEN players in this tournament is illegal and can result in player disqualification.
- Hardware programmable input entry, rapid-fire, modifiers, macros, or other hardware assisted mechanisms are not allowed. If you are accused of using any of this, a judge will determine the validity of the claim. If found guilty, you will be removed from the tournament and your most recent round win will be reversed.
- If the internet connection is lost, the match currently being played must be replayed from the start. If the internet connection is lost a second time, the player with the lead takes the win for that match. If the internet connection is lost a third time over the course of a single match set, the player with the health lead wins the set.
- If a player is involved in the loss of internet connection in two or more match sets against different opponents, a judge has the right to remove that player from the tournament for connection issues.
Participants must refrain from any behavior that falls under or may fall under the following. Those confirmed engaging in such behavior will not only be removed from the ranking and deprived of any winnings, but will also be subject to strict measures such as having their account suspended. Please do not engage in any of these behaviors.
- Tampering with data or utilizing unfair programs or exploits
- Using unsupported devices or unofficial operating systems Using inappropriate names that violate public morality
- Conspiring with other participants to manipulate the outcome
- Transferring, trading, or loaning entry rights to any tournament
- Entering from multiple regions or with multiple accounts
- Violating the application’s common Terms and Conditions
- Engaging in any other behaviors that the organizer deems inappropriate
- Any players found creating multiple accounts to compete in one or more tournaments simultaneously will be disqualified from each tournament and permanently banned from all future GungHo Online tournaments.
- Each tournament match set is over when either player wins the required number of games (three out of five games)
- Once a player wins three games, the winner of the match set must report the result on the match results page with screenshots verifying each of the match wins.
- During each match set with an opposing player, the winner of each match MUST change decks. However, the loser of each match has the option to continue using the same deck, or switch to a new deck.
- It is the responsibility of the players in each match to detect all rule violations and report them to a tournament admin immediately. Any delay in reporting may cause the issue to be overlooked or result in minimal or no consequences.
- Non-gameplay rule violations must be reported to a tournament admin before the match starts (for example, a player switching accounts).
- Players are not allowed to stop a match in progress to address a non-gameplay related rule violation. Stopping a match in progress to report a non-gameplay rule violation will result in a forfeiture of the round on the part of the player stopping the match.
- The only time a player is allowed to stop a match to report a rule violation is when that violation occurs during the middle of the match (for example, the game crashes).
- Stopping a match in progress to erroneously report a rule violation (for example, you report that an opponent is not the correct rank, when they actually are the correct rank) automatically results in the forfeiture of the round by the player who stopped the game.
- Rule violations must be reported within one hour of the time they occur. Otherwise, they will be ignored.
- An admin is allowed to report any rule violations on behalf of a player.
- If an admin stops a game to mis-report a rule violation, the game is replayed with both players picking the same characters. No one is disqualified.
- The only people allowed to stop a game to report a violation are the admin and the players. Anyone else (for example, a spectator, child, or parent) stopping a game for any reason will receive a mandatory forfeiture of the round being played.
- If a player accidentally or intentionally stops their game for any other reason, they will be forced to forfeit the round. If the game cannot be restarted from the exact point of interruption, the player is forced to forfeit the game.
- Match interruptions beyond the players control (such as the game freezing) will be dealt with directly by the tournament admin. All best attempts will be made to resume the round from where it left off. If that cannot be accomplished, the game will be replayed with both players picking the same characters.
Code of Conduct
The TEPPEN weekly tournament series is a harassment-free and inclusive event experience for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected category. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. The TEPPEN weekly tournament series takes violations of our policy seriously and will respond appropriately.
All participants of the TEPPEN weekly tournament series must abide by the following policy:
Be excellent to each other. We want the event to be an excellent experience for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected category. Treat everyone with respect. Participate while acknowledging that everyone deserves to be here — and each of us has the right to enjoy our experience without fear of harassment, discrimination, or condescension, whether blatant or via micro-aggressions. Jokes shouldn’t demean others. Consider what you are saying and how it would feel if it were said to or about you.
Speak up if you see or hear something. Harassment is not tolerated, and you are empowered to politely engage when you or others are disrespected. The person making you feel uncomfortable may not be aware of what they are doing, and politely bringing their behavior to their attention is encouraged. If a participant engages in harassing or uncomfortable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning or expelling the offender from the event with no refund. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the event staff immediately.
Harassment is not tolerated. Harassment includes, but is not limited to: verbal language that reinforces social structures of domination related to gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected category; sexual imagery in public spaces; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; offensive verbal language; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Practice saying “Yes and” to each other. It’s a theatre improv technique to build on each other’s ideas. We all benefit when we create together.
This policy extends to forums, panels, social media, parties, hallway conversations, all attendees, partners, sponsors, volunteers, event staff, etc. You catch our drift. GungHo Online reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or remove any person from any GungHo Online tournament series hosted event at any time in its sole discretion. This includes, but is not limited to, attendees behaving in a disorderly manner or failing to comply with this policy, and the terms and conditions herein. If a participant engages in harassing or uncomfortable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning or expelling the offender from the event with no refund.
Our event staff can usually be identified by special badges/attire. Our zero tolerance policy means that we will look into and review every allegation of violation of our Event Community Guidelines and Anti-Harassment Policy and respond appropriately. Please note, while we take all concerns raised seriously, we will use our discretion as to determining when and how to follow up on reported incidents, and may decline to take any further action and/or may direct the participant to other resources for resolution.
Event staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, or otherwise assist those experiencing discomfort or harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
Exhibiting partners, sponsors or vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to this policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment. Participants and exhibiting partners or sponsors disobeying this policy will be notified and are expected to stop any offending behavior immediately.
- Any tournament players that are not available for their scheduled match time (unless otherwise coordinated with admins and the opposing player) will have a period of 10 minutes to get into the game lobby with the opposing player. After the 10 minute period has expired, you will be forced to forfeit your match.
- There is no transferring of player registrations. If you did not register or you have already competed in any given tournament, and assume the registration of another player, you will immediately be ejected from all tournaments and banned from any future GungHo Online tournaments for a period of up to two years.
- Inevitable defeat rule is in effect. This is defined as when a player has legally won the round or match (i.e. landed a move that will kill the opponent) but the internet connection drops before the game officially awards the round won, will still be awarded the win. If there is a dispute over whether the move would have knocked out the other player, a tournament admin will make the call.
- No sexually explicit acts, explicit nudity, solicitations or non-consensual sexualization. Any of the following will result in a permanent ban.
- Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally under performing, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
- GungHo Online has a zero tolerance policy toward violence, threats of violence, intimidation, harassment (sexual or otherwise), and other forms of thuggery. Any threat of violence, harassment, extreme intimidation, or violence of any kind will result in an immediate and lifetime ban.
- These rules are an attempt to ensure that the tournament runs fairly and as smoothly as possible. However, unforeseen circumstances may require a special response, and for that reason the Tournament Director reserves the right to change any of the tournament rules/settings or remove any player at any time, for any reason, at their sole discretion.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.
All tournament participants shall protect, defend, indemnify and hold harmless GungHo Online and Greenlit Content, their affiliated corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives and employees from and against any and all costs and expenses, damages, claims, suits, actions, liabilities, losses and judgments including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and legal expenses, based on, arising out of or in any way related or connected with the Event or any other matter or activity directly or indirectly related to the Event, including but not limited to libel, slander, disparagement, defamation, copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, piracy, plagiarism, or infringement of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party. This obligation shall continue beyond the term of the Event.
- The tournament may be canceled or changed in the event of unavoidable circumstances such as server trouble, communication failures, power outages, natural disasters, unexpected accidents, or the organizer’s circumstances. Please be aware of this.
- Unless intentionally or grossly negligent, the sponsor will not be held responsible for any accidents or damages caused negligently or intentionally by participants.
- Unless intentionally or grossly negligent, the sponsor will not be held responsible for any troubles during the participants’ departure, arrival, and stay.
- Upon entering the tournament, participants consent to all content on this page.
- The contents and conditions of this page are subject to change without prior notice. Please be aware of this.